About Gel Scramble
Gel Scramble is an instructional tool for teaching molecular neurobiology that requires only a computer. Gel Scramble is available for free, along with student and instructor tutorials.
Read the published article about using the Gel Scramble module as an electronic neuroscience teaching tool:
Download Gel Scramble Files
Students and Faculty can download the Gel Scramble Image Database and Gel Scramble Tutorials for free.
Download the image database (which includes all four folders below) now:
(2) Download the Gel Scramble Instructional Files: Download all of the files listed in Items 3-9 in a single .zip file. Be sure to unzip the downloaded file in order to open the folder and use its content.
- Gel Scramble Student Instructional Files COMING SOON!!!
(4) Download the Gel Scramble Lecture Slides:
(5) Download the Gel Scramble Restriction Endonuclease Digest Protocols:
- Mystery cDNA ‘A’ Digestion Protocol (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘B’ Digestion Protocol (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘C’ Digest Protocol (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘D’ Digestion Protocol (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘E’ Digestion Protocol (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘F’ Digestion Protocol (.pdf)
(6) Download the Gel Scramble Polymerase Chain Reaction Protocols:
(7) Download the Gel Scramble Mystery cDNA Sequences:
- Mystery cDNA ‘A’ Sequence (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘B’ Sequence (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘C’ Sequence (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘D’ Sequence (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘E’ Sequence (.pdf)
- Mystery cDNA ‘F’ Sequence (.pdf)
(8) Download the Mystery cDNA References: This includes Mystery cDNA Information (cDNA description, accession numbers, and primer sequences) and Mystery cDNA Plasmid Schematics.
Faculty members interested in accessing faculty-related materials will need to obtain approved access. While we are still developing this website, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org using the email listed in your institution’s faculty directory so that we can verify you as an instructor. Please include your first and last name, and the names of the modules you wish to access.
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Gel Scramble Question” in the subject line).
Modular Digital Course in Undergraduate Neuroscience Education—Revised: Gel Scramble by Dr. William Grisham, Ph.D., is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.